Halal value chain cluster development programme
Call for applications to participate in the halal value chain cluster development programme.
The Department of Economic Development and Tourism invites companies to submit applications for participation in the Halal Value Chain Cluster Development Programme.
The Halal Value Chain Cluster Development Programme is aimed at supporting businesses operating in the Halal Food and Beverage, Halal Cosmetic and Halal Nutraceutical sector that require assistance to grow into export markets for better business sustainability. It is a programme that offers non-financial support to qualifying businesses in order to:
· Enhance productivity and competitiveness,
· Expand and grow existing operations (with the aim of contributing to job creation), and
· Create opportunities (prepare the business to access market opportunities).
The Halal Value Chain Cluster Development Programme intends to address the supply side challenges faced by SME’s through focused business development support services, by means of a full business diagnostic, an implementation strategy, mentoring and coaching and optimisation of the participating businesses.
Qualifying businesses must meet the minimum requirements:
- Trading for a minimum of 2 years;
- Two years’ financial statements;
- Operating in the Halal Food, Halal Cosmetics and Halal Nutraceuticals sectors;
- Based in the geographic boundary of the Western Cape;
- Require assistance to grow exports; or
- Expanding into new export markets.
Applications must be completed on the prescribed form, accompanied by the required supporting documentation. Hard copy application forms which list the detailed selection criteria may be collected from Ms Almarie Klink or Mr Khalid Khan, 10th floor, NBS Waldorf Arcade, 80 St George’s Mall, Cape Town or electronic copies can be downloaded here or requested via email to Almarie.Klink@westerncape.gov.za or Khalid.Khan@westerncape.gov.za.
Applications close on 27 August 2019.
Only fully completed applications via courier, hand delivery or email will be accepted and considered for support:
For attention: Ms Almarie Klink on Almarie.Klink@westerncape.gov.za
or Mr Khalid Khan on Khalid.Khan@westerncape.gov.za.
Postal address: Department of Economic Development and Tourism
P.O. Box 979, Cape Town, 8001
Physical Address: 10th Floor, 80 St Georges Mall, Waldorf Building, Cape Town