EBAT training for 11 training colleges takes place at GLTC
Representatives of 11 provincial and municipal traffic training colleges recently completed two weeks of train-the-trainer training in Cape Town on Dräger evidentiary alcohol breath testing (EBAT) equipment. The training took place at the Gene Louw Traffic College (GLTC) in Brackenfell between 22 September and 6 October 2017. Representatives of the Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) also participated in the event to provide guidance on next steps.
During the first week, representatives of Dräger provided technical training on how to use the EBAT device. During the second week, RTMC representatives provided guidance for participants on how to take this training back into their college environments.
A total of 27 officials from the following institutions participated in this training event:
- Gene Louw Traffic College, Western Cape.
- Road Traffic Management Corporation.
- Matjhabeng Traffic Training College, Free State.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Municipality (Port Elizabeth), Eastern Cape.
- Mpumalanga Traffic Training College.
- Limpopo Traffic Training College.
- Mangaung (Bloemfontein), Free State.
- Johannesburg Metro Police Department, Gauteng.
- KwaZulu-Natal Traffic Training College, Pietermaritzburg.
- Durban Metro Training College, KwaZulu-Natal.
- Ekurhuleni Traffic Training College, Gauteng.
Facilitator (PPI), Co-Website Administrator,
Traffic Training and Development, Gene Louw Traffic College
Brackenfell Boulevard, Brackenfell
Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government
021 983 1500
021 983 1529 (Direct No)