Cape Town Residents Urged to Register to Vote
"The details of an estimated 400 000 potential voters do not appear on the voter's list. No voter may vote unless he or she is registered. Voters who have moved from the place they voted at during the general election, have to re-register," Deputy Mayor Samuels said.
She added: "Voters get the leaders and Council they elect and deserve. A voter who does not vote, should not criticise."
Residents can register or confirm their registration in the following ways:
- Register at the registration venues across the City tomorrow from 07:00 to 17:00 (details in the press). You must have a bar coded green Identity Document
- Come to the Civic Centre, 3rd Floor, Podium block from 08:00 to 17:00.
- Phone the City's toll free number on 0800 221350
- Phone the Independent Electoral Commission's toll free number on 0800 11 8000.
- Visit the IEC's website: http://www.elections.org.za
- SMS your Identity Number to 32810. Your registration and voting district will be confirmed.
Directorate: Communication and Marketing
City of Cape Town
Tel: 021 400 2201
Fax: 021 957 0023