Breede Valley road maintenance operations
Stop/ go road closures of up to 4 km will be in place on two roads in the Breede Valley area so that repairs and resealing can be done.
The affected roads are:
- the R60 between the Nuy intersection near Worcester and Robertson, and
- the R317 from Robertson to Bonnievale up to the Cogmanskloof River bridge.
Repairs and resealing will be done on two sections of road in the Breede Valley area:
- the R60 from the Nuy Valley intersection east of Worcester to the entrance to Ashton (46 km), and
- the R317 from the circle east of Robertson to the Cogmanskloof Bridge (12 km).
The following operations will be undertaken from 3 September to 13 December 2019:
- Laying of a new double seal wearing course,
- Improvement of selected intersections, and
- Construction of passing lanes in places.
Stop/ go closures of up to 4 km will be in place on sections under construction. Up to three stop/ go closures will be in place at a time. Where intersections are being upgraded, closures will be limited to shoulder closures.
The sealing of the road surface around the circle in Robertson will necessitate a stop/ go closure for two weeks from 3 September 2019. Major traffic congestion is likely on all roads leading up to the circle during this period, and the motoring public is requested to be patient.
Enquiries may be directed to the following people:
- Philip Dyason, resident engineer, BVi Consulting Engineers Western Cape (082 421 6630)
- Steven Mashaba, site agent, WBHO Construction (079 510 2619)
The public is requested to be patient, exercise caution and obey all traffic signs when using these roads.