Employment in the public service
If you have a genuine desire to serve your community and society at large, a career in the public service may be exactly what you're looking for.
As the Western Cape Government, we want to be the best run regional government in the world, by creating an open opportunity society for all so that people can live the lives they value.
We also constantly striving for excellent outcomes with knowledgeable, competent people, and appropriate policies, strategies and partnerships by protecting and promoting constitutional rights and expanding prospects.
Your personal development is important to us and we will support your professional growth with internal and external training opportunities.
The Western Cape Government is committed to service and promotes these values:
|Care (to care for those we serve and work with)
|Competence (the ability and capacity to do the job)
|Accountability (we take responsibility)
|Integrity (to be honest and do the right thing)
Innovation (We are open to new ideas and develop creative solutions to challenges in a resourceful way)
|Responsiveness (to serve the needs of our citizens and employees)
The Western Cape Government also adheres to the South African Government’s eight Batho Pele principles (Batho Pele means “people first” in Zulu), which dictate our approach to service delivery:
- Access: Everyone should have equal access to state services.
- Openness and transparency: Government needs to be an open book.
- Consultation: You can tell us what we need to do for you.
- Redress: We need to apologise when necessary.
- Courtesy: We need to provide service with a smile.
- Service standards: You can insist that we keep our promises.
- Information: You are entitled to full, accurate and up-to-date information.
- Value for money: Your tax money should be used wisely.