The Western Cape Supplier Database
Compulsory Registration on the Western Cape Supplier Database
What is the Western Cape supplier database?
The Western Cape Supplier Database is an internet software application that allows all 13 departments of the Western Cape Government to extract, manage and verify data received from prospective suppliers that wish to do business with the provincial government. With the information of suppliers at their disposal, it will enable any of the departments to find an appropriate supplier to meet their specific needs for any project.
Why compulsory registration?
As from 1 April 2012, the Western Cape Government may no longer do business with suppliers that aren't actively registered on the Western Cape Supplier Database. The database allows for:
- An accurate source of data on current and potential suppliers.
- Valid and up-to-date information on all suppliers.
- Decrease of the administrative burden on departments.
When will registration be compulsory?
According to the Provincial Supply Chain Management (SCM) Prescripts, departments or entities of the Western Cape Government may not do business with suppliers that aren't actively registered on the Western Cape Supplier Database.
What are the benefits of registering on the Western Cape supplier database?
- A registered supplier will be considered a verified supplier, meaning that it meets the minimum requirements to do business with Western Cape Government.
- Eradicates the repetitive submission of the required documentation for each bid/quote lodged at various departments.
- Allows for prospective service providers to be eligible to contract with the Western Cape Government.
- Suppliers only need to register once on the central database that will be available for use by all departments/institutions.
Can I still do business with the Western Cape Government if I am not registered on the database?
No; registration on the Western Cape Supplier Database is a compulsory requirement according to the Provincial Supply Chain Management (SCM) Prescripts. Failure to register will mean that the supplier doesn't meet the minimum requirements to do business with the Western Cape Government.
Will I get work if I register?
Registration on the Western Cape Supplier Database doesn't guarantee that a supplier will receive work (quotes or bids) but it only serves as a compulsory requirement to do business with the Western Cape Government.
What is the cost for registration?
Registering on the database is free.
What do I need to do to get registered?
All prospective suppliers intending to do business with the Western Cape Government must submit applications for registration on the database and amendments to supplier profile within the format as prescribed or determined from time to time by the Provincial Treasury.
8 Steps to get registered on the Western Cape Government database
1. Complete and submit an original Western Cape Supplier Database registration form.
2. Submit a Tax Clearance Certificate accompanied by a screenshot of your result summary page.
3. Complete and submit an original Declaration of Interest, to be signed and stamped on the last page by a Commissioner of Oaths.
4. Submit a certified copy of identity document of the signatory on page 7 of the Western Cape Supplier Database registration form.
5. Submit a company registration document.
6. Use the Ariba UNSPSC list to help you select the correct commodity codes but don't print the sheet.
7. Submit an originally certified BBBEE rating certificate, an EME letter (indicating level) from a registered accountant or QSE/EME affidavit.
8. Complete and submit the original Preference Points Claim forms.
No faxed or email copies will be accepted, with the exception of a copy of the Tax Clearance Certificate with a results summary page attached. Documents can be posted, hand delivered or couriered to the address below.
SAP Africa, Waterford Place, 2nd Floor, Century City
P O Box 1207, Cape Town,8000
Tel: 086 122 5577
Fax: 021 4411288
Is the BBBEE Rating Certificate Compulsory for Registration?
No, however it is a requirement for the claiming of preference points.
Should you have any related queries or if you require assistance completing the registration form, please contact TradeWorld:
Western Cape Supplier Database registration queries:
Integrated Procurement Solution queries (assistance with submitting a quotation):
For queries related to the National Central Supplier Database:
Orignial registration documents can be obtained from the Western Cape Government:
- Western Cape Provincial Treasury
Private Bag X9165
- 4 Dorp Street, 2nd Floor
Tower Block, Cape Town
Tel: 021 483 6645