Western Cape Budget Speech 2014
When and Where was the Budget Speech Presented?
The Western Cape Minister of Finance, Alan Winde, delivered his budget speech for the province on Wednesday, 5 March 2014, at the Provincial Legislature.
What were Some of the Important Issues Addressed in the Budget Speech?
The 2014 budget allocations support and build on sustaining programmes initiated and implemented over recent years to achieve higher economic growth and employment.
The total budget for Western Cape is R153.826 billion over next three years with the biggest allocations to Health (R54.73 billion) and Education (R52.121 billion) respectively.
The Skills Development for young people receives R300 million over next three years.
Where Can I Read the Budget Speech?
You can read the 2014 budget speech as well as previous provincial budget speeches, via the links provided below.
- Western Cape Budget Speech 2014
- Western Cape Budget 2014: Overview
- Western Cape Budget 2014: Estimates of Provincial Revenue and Expenditure
- Budget 2014 Summary
- Western Cape Budget Speech 2013
- Western Cape Budget Speech 2012
- Western Cape Budget Speech 2011
- Western Cape Budget Speech 2010
Read the 2014 Budget summary