Of the Western Cape Government’s R59 billion budget, 5.26% will be spent in the West Coast district.
Infrastructure led growth leads to job creation. Some of the major infrastructure projects in this area are:
- R188 million on roads maintenance
- R203 million on roads infrastructure for Saldanha Bay IDZ
- R13 million on improvements of the Vredendal Shared Office building
- R37 million to build 200 residential units in Vredenburg/Louwville
- R74 000 on improvements at Liewe Heksie Educare Centre
- R115 million on upgrades to the Vredenburg Hospital
- R45 million on replacing the Moorreesburg High School
Click here to find out more about the R59 billion budget of the Western Cape. Better Budget, Better Future, BETTER TOGETHER.