Visit the WCG eCentre in Pniel
The Pniel WCG eCentre assists local people to communicate more effectively with government and communities around the world by providing access to e-mail, internet and various government services.
Pniel is a scenic village situated at the foot of the Simonsberg mountain in the Cape Winelands. Some of the oldest wine estates in the country surround it, with some of the most breathtaking nature reserves in the Western Cape. Many tourists pass through the town when travelling to and from Stellenbosch and Franschhoek via the Helshoogte Pass.
The United Congregational Church of Southern Africa established the settlement as a mission station in 1843 to offer housing for local freed slaves. In the middle of this historic town, right next to the Old Post Office, is the Pniel eCentre. The WCG eCentre in Pniel is uplifting a community through computer training and giving them free internet access. The eCentre provides the community of Pniel, Kylemore and Lanquedoc with free ICT training and internet access.
An estimated 543 people visit the eCentre monthly to write CVs or business plans, apply for jobs, search for career opportunities, complete school assignments and search for government services.
It’s a hub for learning and a space for networking. The friendly staff at the eCentre, who are always ready to assist with anyone’s enquiries, ensure that the users leave the building upskilled, informed and smiling.
One such person is Johan Fredericks, a regular visitor to the Pniel eCentre, who was struggling to find work because he wasn’t registered at SARS. eCentre administrator said, “we assisted him with the TAX registration process online. He was grateful to have done it online because he did not have money to go SARS.”
Another life that changed through the eCentre is that of Layton Erasmus, another regular who completed the Basic Informal Training at the Pniel eCentre. He recently got a job as a Receptionist because of the computer training and is very grateful to the staff who helped him.
The eCentre has also partnered with the Stellenbosch Municipality to assist unemployed persons in the community by scanning their Unemployment Applications at the eCentre and emailing them directly to the municipality.
The eCentre’s personnel have also formed a partnership with the International Hotel School to help students in the area get part-time jobs.
- Free Internet Access
- Email Access and assistance to create emails
- Online Job searches and applications
- Online University Applications
- Free Printing of maximum 10 pages per day
- Basic Informal Computer Course Training
- E-learner Online Computer Course Training
- International Computer Digital Literacy (ICDL) Computer Course Training
Contact the e-Centre:
- The Slangrivier e-Centre and Cape Access is bringing ICT to the people (Public Information)
- The Cape Access Centre in Kayamandi is bringing opportunities for growth (Public Information)
- Changing lives at the Ilingelethu e-Centre (Public Information)
- Cape Access is bringing ICT to Vanrhynsdorp (Public Information)
- Cape Access puts Bitterfontein on the ICT map (Public Information)
- Kwanokuthula e-Centre and Cape Access is brigding the technology gap (Public Information)
- Cape Access is changing the lives of people in Merweville (Public Information)
- Cape Access brings information, skills and opportunity to Kranshoek (Public Information)
- The Cape Access Programme is creating opportunities for growth in Leeu-Gamka (Public Information)