Safety tips for using an ATM
- If you must use an ATM, choose one that's located inside a shopping mall, a garage or well-lit location.
- Consider paying your accounts electronically (consult your bank to find out about other available options).
- Protect your pin by shielding the ATM keypad from anyone who is standing near you.
- Don't accept help from anyone if you didn't request assistance.
- Never give your card or pin number to anyone, for any reason.
- Alternate the days and times on which you deposit cash.
- Don't openly display the money you are depositing while you're standing in the bank queue.
- Never use an ATM with a blank screen or a screen that's poorly lit. Rather find another ATM.
- If your card is swallowed by the ATM, phone your bank to stop card immediately.
- Safety tips for your motor vehicle
- Safety tips for using an ATM
- Safety tips while shopping
- Safety tips for your home
- Strangers at your door
The content on this page was last updated on 8 September 2022