State of the Province Address 2011
Western Cape Premier Helen Zille delivered her third State of the Province Address on Friday, 18 February. The address was delivereded at the Western Cape Provincial Parliament chambers and marked the official opening of the Provincial Parliament.
- The State of the Province Address is a speech made by a provincial head or premier.
- The event usually marks the official opening of the provincial parliament.
- The speech is delivered in front of members of the provincial executive including the Speaker, Deputy Speaker and the Secretary.
- Traditionally, all nine provincial heads deliver their State of the Province Addresses after the president has delivered his State of the Nation Address.
- The State of the Province Addresses usually occur a few days after the State of the Nation Address.
Who can attend?
- Only invited guests and members of the provincial parliament can attend the event.