Sport Funding Applications for 2017-18
SPORT FUNDING APPLICATION 2017−18
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS) avails the annual federation funding application forms for the financial year 2017−18.
Please note: To qualify for funding you need to comply with the following and all the relevant documentation needs to accompany your application:
- Affiliation letter of good standing from your District Sport Council,
- Signed and adopted constitution with the arbitration clause inserted,
- Latest signed audited financials (Signed by the auditor, chairperson and treasurer),
- Ensure you are compliant within your geo political boundaries,
- Signed banking details form (EFT), and
- Copy of your latest signed AGM minutes.
The application consist of the following sections:
- Federation profile
- Funding application forms
- Federation Audit
The following sources of funding are available:
- Development and Equipment,
- Major Event,
- Academies, and
- Club Development.
Please complete the application documents below or collect it from the relevant Sport and Recreation Offices and District Sport Councils:
The closing date for applications was 15 October 2016 and the opening of the new cycle will soon be announced.
- Consolidation of applications will be finalised.
- Engagements with federations (Tri-laterals) are scheduled from 1 to 17 February 2017.
- The Adjudication Process will be finalised by the end of February 2017.
- The official handover ceremonies and transfers are scheduled from April until May 2017.
- The abovementioned application documents are available online and/or hard copies may be obtained from the relevant Regional Sport and Recreation Offices and/or District Sport Councils.
Please address all applications for the attention of:
Mrs Crystal Pather
Protea Assurance Building
Tel: 021 483 9865
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
For more assistance please speak to one of the following officials:
- Head Office:
Mrs C Pather 021 483 9865
Mr R Allies 021 483 9780
Mrs J Fritz 021 483 9832
- Regional Sport and Recreation Offices:
Eden and Central Karoo: Lunga Ngalo 044 272 6165
Metropole: Janine Petersen 021 447 5582
Overberg and Cape Winelands: Celeste Kamalie 021 8721337
West Coast: Ronel Jonathan 022 713 2727
- District Sport Councils:
Cape Town: Mr Elton Davids 082 468 0081 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Winelands: Mr Lorenzo Arendse 072 691 3967 / email@example.com
Central Karoo: Mr David Maans 082 869 1708 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Eden: Mr Desmond Speelman 083 521 2821 / email@example.com
Overberg: Mr Rudi Johannes 082 862 6213 / firstname.lastname@example.org
West Coast: Mr Corrie Van Rooyen 083 645 0804 / email@example.com