SMME Booster Fund
The Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDAT) is requesting municipalities and organisations implementing business development support projects or programmes in the categories of Business Development Support, Access to Markets and SMME Infrastructure Support to apply for project funding via the SMME Booster Fund 2021. Download the Call for Proposals here
The submitted applications must be structured towards one of the following categories :
Category 1: Business Development Support Programmes with a focus on assisting SMMEs that, are youth owned, women-owned and owned by individuals living with disabilities (including social enterprises). Download the application guideline here
Category 2: Access to Markets Support to businesses that want to access economic opportunities in both the public and private sector. Download the application guideline here
Category 3: SMME Infrastructure support and enhancement by municipalities that develops SMME activities. Download the application guideline here
How to Apply? Click here
- The application process entails the completion of the required online information and the uploading of the required supporting documents.
- Only applications submitted via the online process, before the closing date and time, will be considered. No emailed or hand delivered applications will be considered.
- The online system will automatically close for submission of applications at the closing time and date.
- Thoroughly read the application guideline before completing the online application. All sections in the application form are mandatory. The application guideline can be downloaded from the Departments website.
- All documents requested and that are listed in sections 3.1 and 5.1 of the Call for Proposals are compulsory and must be uploaded when submitting your application. Please ensure that all documents submitted are legible. Where uploaded documents are illegible, damaged, or corrupted, the application cannot be considered.
- The Department is unable to notify applicants on the correctness and completeness of the requisite information and documents submitted, nor can it request additional information. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that all the required information and the correct documents are timeously submitted.
- The closing date for applications is 12:00 (midnight) on Wednesday, 9 June 2021. It is advisable to submit your application as early as possible as no late applications can be considered.
To access the online application form, follow the link https://dedat-funding.westerncape.gov.za
The Department will be hosting an online briefing session via Zoom on 19 May 2021 @ 10:00 AM. The Zoom link to register for the briefing session can be accessed here
You are welcome to send any questions you may have to: DEDAT.Boosterenquiries@westerncape.gov.za