Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital: Hospital Facility Board
Hospital Facility Board
Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital Facility Board is an advisory board appointed in terms of the Provincial Hospital Ordinance. Its function in relation to the hospital is therefore of an advisory nature. One of its main functions is to accept and administer donations and bequests on behalf of the hospital as well as raise funds for amenities for staff and patients.
Hospital Facility Boards in the Western Cape were instituted by Act 7 of 2001: Western Cape Health Facility Boards Act, 2001.
The Provincial Minister of Health in the Western Cape appoints members for a term of 3 years.
In its representation, as a Statutory Body, the Health Facility Board has been provided with a basic set of clearly defined powers and functions.
- to ensure accountability of health facility management to the community,
- responsiveness to the needs of patients and their families,
- community support for and involvement in health facilities and programs,
- responsible financial management in health services,
- and effective and efficient use of resources at its disposal.
The Board may also raise funds or administer trust funds for the exclusive functioning of the hospital.
All information in this regard is available from the secretary, Mr M J Rasmussen, who can be contacted on:
Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital
P O Box 97
Telephone: 021 658 5027
Fax: 021 658 5605