Reconstructed R46 - Trunk Road 22 and Main Road 305
Robin Carlisle, Minister of Transport and Public Works officially opened the reconstructed stretches of Trunk Road 22 and Main Road 305 between Gouda and Wolseley on 4 June 2013.
Improved Road Conditions
Creating Job Opportunities
In addition to increasing access to safe and efficient transport, the Department of Transport and Public Works aims to increase opportunities for growth and jobs.
Of the R226.8 million spent on reconstructing the road:
- R8.8 million went to wages for local workers.
- R59.8 million was paid to Black Business Enterprises for services provided.
- R416 875 went to learnership costs.
- Road design and construction administration: AECOM (formerly BKS) Consulting Engineers.
- Construction: Boland JV, a joint venture consisting of Haw & Inglis Civil Engineering, Loyiso Civil Construction and RJ Mullins cc.
Video: Minister Robin Carlisle speaks at the Opening Ceremony of Trunk Road 22 and Main Road 305.
Read more on road construction at the Department of Transport and Public Works: