Professional Development Programme
The Professional Development Programme is aligned to the training requirements of the relevant professional bodies.
Newly appointed graduates and existing employees will undergo structured training to achieve the competency level needed for professional registration.
- Mentoring Programme.
- Establishing partnerships with private sector.
- Professional registration.
- Continuing professional development.
- Recognition of prior learning.
The Department develops candidates through secondment, rotation and mentorship to achieve the competency level needed for professional registration and ensures that professionals are continuously kept abreast of new developments and technology to retain their professional registration.
Employees with qualifications and experience in the engineering and built environment are helped to get their professional registration.
Masakh’iSizwe Student Support
- The programme places students within the Department of Transport and Public Works and various private sector companies to complete their in-service/vocation training.
- Graduates are assisted to find employment once their studies are completed.
Read more about the Masakh'iSizwe Bursary