Create forms, guidelines, manuals, instructions, policies, public information pages, reports and research.
Collection of personal information from citizens, employees and suppliers
We collect personal information from and about:
- Visitors to our website: We collect information that you give to us directly via our website contact forms. We also use common technologies to track website use and improve user experience anonymously and automatically. You can usually disable these if you prefer. Our website privacy notice has more information.
- Our job applicants and employees: We collect information from you when you apply for a job with us, and if we employ you. We may also collect information about you from third parties, like educational bodies or previous employers. We also monitor and collect information about employees’ use of email and the internet, where we believe it is reasonable and necessary to detect abuse or unlawful activity. You cannot expect privacy in this regard.
- Users of our old intranet or new intranet: We collect information you give us directly via the contact or feedback forms. We also use common technologies (including cookies) to track use and improve user experience. Only employees can access the intranet, so we can identify intranet users. Our intranet privacy notice has more information.
- Our suppliers, service providers, contractors and consultants: We collect information from you when you apply to be listed on our supplier database and bid to supply goods or services to us. We may also collect or check information about you from various private or public bodies, such as banks or tax authorities.
- Our citizens and users of WCG public services and facilities:
- We collect information you give us when you send us an email or text message, or when you use social media or our call centre to contact us.
- We also collect personal information when it is directly relevant to the specific public services, we provide to you.
- We also collect information from visitors to our buildings and facilities in terms of the Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act, 1985.
We may also get personal information about you from other sources:
- Certain third-party service providers (private bodies) may collect or check information from or about you on our behalf. For example, we use external employment agencies, vetting agencies, credit bureaus, lawyers, accountants, consultants, professional bodies, banks, payment service providers, laboratories, IT companies, phone network operators, travel agencies, non-government organisations and security companies.
- We work with public bodies or organs of state such as local, provincial and national government departments, public universities and state-owned companies, which may collect or check information from or about you on our behalf.
The content on this page was last updated on 15 September 2021