Useful tips for saving and banking
Tips for saving money
· Arrange all your monthly payments to go off your account automatically, as debit orders. This will prevent you from forgetting anything and then having to pay penalties and interest.
· Place a limit on your credit card to prevent overspending.
· Shop around and compare prices to get your products at the cheapest prices.
Useful tips to consider when ppening bank accounts
· Always ask the right questions, this way you can minimize your fees.
· Before choosing bank accounts, consumers need to determine what kind of account will provide them with the services that best suits their need at the lowest cost.
· If possible pay off your credit card accounts in full, or you will pay high rates of interest.
· Switch bank accounts: Switching bank accounts to get a better deal is easier than you think, as Direct Debits and standing orders may often be moved by the new bank at no cost.
· Shop around for the best policy. Do not take the first policy that comes your way. Different insurance companies offer similar benefits at different times.
Here are a few things to bear in mind when opening a savings account
· Check the Interest rate.
· The way the institution calculates interest.
· Access to your money – how you can you withdraw or use it.
· Protection such as deposit fees.