Masakh'iSizwe Bursary Programme: Vision and objectives
This presents the vision and objectives of the Masakh' iSizwe Bursary Programme.
The vision of the Professional Development Directorate is to create the best opportunities for its existing employees and communities in order to improve socio-economic conditions through education and applied developmental learning by making available cohorts of professionals in transport, engineering and built environment fields. This is critical for the growth of the economy of the province, country and the continent of Africa.
These professionals will be developed in:
- Learning – measured by formal academic results as well as a commitment to ‘lifelong learning’.
- Citizenship – through developing an ethos of non-racialism, social justice and environmental awareness.
- Service – through learners participating in building poor rural communities.
|Short Term||Medium Term||Long Term|
- Establish a learning framework with the Higher Education Institutions, which includes service learning opportunities, critical engagement and approaches to lifelong learning.
- Involve learners in voluntary work.
- Provide learners with knowledge and exposure to assist them to understand their environmental and cultural issues.
- Involve parents and/or members of the communities of origin of the learners in support for the learners.
- Facilitate network opportunities across cohorts of learners.
- Track the career paths of learners.
- Identify and review engineering and built environment needs in the economy.
Contact details for more information on the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
|Co-ordinator||Contact Details||E-mail Address|
|Lee Maggot||021 483 9545||Lee.Maggott@westerncape.gov.za|
|Thurston Highburg||021 483 2963||Thurston.Highburg@westerncape.gov.za|