Invitation to Religious Institutions to Apply For Funding for Safety Promotion Programmes for Youth 2020
The Department of Community Safety invites religious institutions (registered NPOs) to submit proposals for safety promotion programmes for youth living in high crime areas. The Department will support these activities at a rate of up to R60 per day per youth participant on condition that these activities run for at least 8 hours per programme day and at least one meal is provided for each participant every programme day.
- Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form, with the following documents attached: A signed copy of your organization’s (a) NPO certificate, (b) charter or constitution, (c) latest 3 months bank statement, the (d) governance model & accountability structure of the organisation and (e) latest certified ID copies of the religious leader /chairperson, secretary and treasurer MUST be attached to this Application Form.
- The target age of youth to be involved in these programmes are between 14 years and 20 years old. Other youth are not excluded but preference shall be given to the stated age category. Activities should include life skills for ages 6 -13 years and vocational training programmes for ages 14 -21 years.
- The organization must have a completed and signed indemnity form for each child/youth participant for each day of the programme (use official Departmental form only)
- Approved institutions must book activity venues in advance and submit written proof to the Department 30days prior to the implementation of the activities.
The Department may request successful applicants to participate in further safety promotion activities. Institutions interested in conducting safety promotion activities during the December – January school holidays should complete an application on the prescribed form. Applications are invited for:
- June/July school holidays, 15 June 2020 – 3 July 2020
- December school holidays, 5 December 2020 – 13 January 2021
Click here for the application form.
Click here for the bank form. To be completed by first time applicants or in the event of a change in bank details. Two original bank forms to be submitted with the application form.
Preference shall be given to applications received from areas which recorded highest crime rates and with due consideration to the merits of the applications and availability of fund.
Applications for funding for the 2020-2021 June/July and December/ January school holidays should be submitted no later than Friday, 13 March 2020. NO LATE APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Applicants can submit their applications by hand at 35 Wale Street, Second Floor to Mr Mzwandile Mapasa (021 483 9056) or email to email@example.com Original application forms must be submitted.
For enquiries contact: Liesl Dreyer (021) 483 4571 or Farren Both (021) 483 8818 or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the advert in English.
Click here to download the advert in Xhosa.
Click here to download the advert in Afrikaans.
Click here for more information about the Youth Safety and Religion Partnership Programme (YSRP)