Invitation to Religious Institutions to Apply For Funding for Safety Promotion Programmes for Youth 2019
The Department of Community Safety invites religious institutions (registered NPOs) to submit proposals for safety promotion programmes for youth living in high crime areas. The Department will support these activities at a rate of up to R60 per day per youth participant on condition that these activities run for at least 8 hours per programme day and at least one meal is provided for each participant every programme day.
- Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form, with the following documents attached: A signed copy of your organization’s (a) NPO certificate, (b) charter or constitution, (c) latest 3 months bank statement, (d) the governance model & accountability structure of the organisation as well as (e) latest certified ID copies of the religious leader/chairperson, secretary and treasurer MUST be attached to this Application Form.
- The target age of youth to be involved in these programmes are between 14 years and 20 years old. Other youth are not excluded but preference shall be given to the stated age category. Activities should include life skills for ages 6-13 years and vocational training programmes for ages 14-21 years.
- The organization must have a completed and signed indemnity form for each child/youth participant at each day of the programme (use Department form only).
- Approved institutions must submit the following documentation 30 days prior to the implementation of the school holiday activities: (a) Written confirmation (invoice/letter) that activity venues has been booked and (b) a structured 5 day programme.
The Department may request applicants to participate in further safety promotion activities. Institutions interested in conducting safety promotion activities during the December – January school holidays should complete an application on the prescribed form. All approved organisations will be given an opportunity to apply for dedicated EPWP Youth Worker(s).
Applications are invited for:
• June/July school holidays, 17 June 2019 – 8 July 2019
• December school holidays, 5 December 2019 – 14 January 2020
Click here to download the application form.
Preference shall be given to applications received from within areas which recorded the highest crime rates and with due consideration to the merits of the applications and availability of funds.
Applications for funding for the 2019-2020 June/July and December/January school holidays should be submitted no later than Friday, 22 March 2019.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Applicants can submit their applications to Cordelia Casa (021 483 6547) and email Ntombolwandle.Casa@westerncape.gov.za.
For enquiries contact the Project Manager, Mansoor Lagkar at 021 483 5621.
Here are the advertisements: