Individual Housing Subsidy Programme
Individual Housing Subsidy Programme for those earning a combined gross income below R3 500.
What is the programme about?
Individual housing subsidies are available to applicants who wish to buy a residential property for the first time. The subsidy can be used to buy an existing house . Successful applicants will receive this subsidy only once. It is not a cash pay-out, but is paid directly to a financial institution or seller.
Who will be assisted?
You qualify for this subsidy if:
- You are registered on the housing demand database at your nearest municipality.
- You have been on the municipal housing demand database (i.e. waiting list) for a minimum period of 10 years in Cape Town and 5 years in areas outside of Cape Town.
- You are a South African citizen or have a permanent residency permit.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are married or living with a partner.
- You are single or divorced, and have proven financial dependants permanently living with you.
- Your maximum monthly household income is R3 500 or less before deductions.
- You or your partner have never owned property or in exceptional cases where you bought land.
- You or your partner have never received a subsidy from the government before.
Please note that applicants who do not conform to point 1 above will not be considered and their application forms will not be returned.
How to apply?
If you meet ALL the requirements as outlined above and you have found a property to purchase you will first need to produce a copy of the seller’s Title Deed in order to obtain an application form.
When can people apply?
Applications can be submitted from 1 April at the Provincial Department of Human Settlements, 27 Wale Street Cape Town.
No late applications will be accepted or considered.