Services that promote BEE
DENEL gives enterprise development workshops to BEE companies.
BEE Procurement Opportunities
DA specialises in procurement of highly specialized goods and services such as specialised rigs and specialised engineering services. Moreover, over 70% of procurement expenditure is from foreign entities and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and this is due to the uniqueness and high standard in the aerospace industry, suppliers are traditionally developed in conjunction with the aircraft, component or engine manufacturer (product specific).
The Supplier base consists of the following three categories:
- OEM_Ex Import ( Suppliers based overseas): Suppliers and manufacturers of aircraft spares, components, consumables, raw material as per the OEM specification.
- Service providers : Commercial suppliers as specified by the client
- Commercial suppliers: Local suppliers
The key constituent of the total spend is as follows (this thus determines the kind of tenders Denel will be involved with):
- Denel spend is prescribed by the client (AMSCOR and SANDF). Denel can only approach certain suppliers which were industrialised for specific components and have been quality assessed and accredited by the client.
- The services and commercial contributes to about approximately 9% of our procurement. This is mainly the area where Denel can engage local suppliers by encouraging healthy competition through its procurement policy. It is ensured that there is transparency, fairness and equal opportunity to all qualifying suppliers. Priority is given to B-BBEE compliant suppliers. Even though the quantities are limited currently, the plan is to increase the spending in this category when the Denel order book recovers. The first step is to advertise all tenders with the Gauteng Youth Chamber.
For more information please contact:
Tel: 011 927 4179