How to Support Workshops for People with Disabilities
Workshops for the disabled need your helpThe provincial Department of Social Development, in partnership with NGOs, funds and endorses a number of workshops for people with disabilities.
The aim of these workshops is to provide rehabilitation services and work opportunities for people with disabilities who, due to the nature of their disabilities, may have trouble finding a job.
The business sector and society at large can support these workshops in a number of ways, among them by:
- Entering into contracts with the workshops.
- Helping the workshops build capacity by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Sponsoring training programmes.
- Facilitating access to further work opportunities and information.
- Purchasing products made by the workshops.
Click here to download the list of workshops in the Western Cape. The list includes the products and services on offer as well as the relevant contact details.
Please note: The list of workshops is large (1.3MB, pdf format) and may take several minutes to download on a dial-up connection.
- Grant for Someone Who Needs Full-time Care (Grant-in-Aid) (Service)
- Employ People with Disabilities (Public Information)
- Disability grants (Service)