Examiner of Vehicles
Students will be trained to test the roadworthiness of different classes of motor vehicles.
- Grade 10 certificate.
- Must be employed by a local or provincial authority or a private registered testing centre.
- No criminal record.
- Applicable driving licence as listed below.
(Course fees subject to change annually as per Provincial Treasury regulations)
|Examiner grade||Driving licence requirements||Course duration|
|A||A and EC||12 weeks|
|B||A and EB||12 weeks|
To qualify as an examiner of vehicles, the student has to be found competent after successfully
completing a summative and practical examination.
Examiners are graded (A or B) and registered in terms of their applicable driving licence as regulated by
the National Road Traffic Act 93/1996.
|Examiner of Vehicles Qualification|
|Examiner Grade||Goods vehicles (GVM less than 3 500kg)||Goods vehicles (GVM more than 3 500kg)||Buses (GVM less than 3 500kg)||Buses (GVM more than 3 500kg)||Minibuses||Light motor vehicles||Motor cycles|
GVM = Gross Vehicle Mass
- Communication and human relations
- Certify vehicle roadworthiness
- Compliance of equipment and fittings fitted outside a vehicle
- Dimensions of vehicles for roadworthiness
- Retro-reflectors and reflecting material
- Lamps and lighting
- Drawing equipment and body works
- Inspection of the passenger compartment
- Inspection of undercarriage of a vehicle
- Brakes on vehicles
- Passenger carrying vehicles
Students will perform a practical examination on the following vehicles:
- Light motor vehicle
- Heavy motor vehicle
Graduates can register as Examiners of Vehicles (EOV) and perform the relevant duties once the course is completed.
Application form: Click here
Please be advised that the above mentioned form is not to apply for employment (Job).
Other Learning Programmes
View the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.