Examiner of Vehicles
Students will be trained to test the roadworthiness of different classes of motor vehicles.
- Grade 10 certificate.
- Must be employed by a local or provincial authority or a private registered testing centre.
- No criminal record.
- Applicable driving licence as listed below.
Fees: Contact Us
(Course fees subject to change annually as per Provincial Treasury regulations)
|Examiner grade||Driving licence requirements||Course duration|
|A||A and EC||12 weeks|
|B||A and EB||12 weeks|
To qualify as an examiner of vehicles, the student has to be found competent after successfully
completing a summative and practical examination.
Examiners are graded (A or B) and registered in terms of their applicable driving licence as regulated by
the National Road Traffic Act 93/1996.
|Examiner of Vehicles Qualification|
|Examiner Grade||Goods vehicles (GVM less than 3 500kg)||Goods vehicles (GVM more than 3 500kg)||Buses (GVM less than 3 500kg)||Buses (GVM more than 3 500kg)||Minibuses||Light motor vehicles||Motor cycles|
GVM = Gross Vehicle Mass
- Communication and human relations
- Certify vehicle roadworthiness
- Compliance of equipment and fittings fitted outside a vehicle
- Dimensions of vehicles for roadworthiness
- Retro-reflectors and reflecting material
- Lamps and lighting
- Drawing equipment and body works
- Inspection of the passenger compartment
- Inspection of undercarriage of a vehicle
- Brakes on vehicles
- Passenger carrying vehicles
Students will perform a practical examination on the following vehicles:
- Light motor vehicle
- Heavy motor vehicle
Graduates can register as Examiners of Vehicles (EOV) and perform the relevant duties once the course is completed.
Application form: To be requested
Please be advised that the above mentioned form is not to apply for employment (Job).
Other Learning Programmes
View the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.