Draft Western Cape Transport Infrastructure legislation
The Western Cape Transport Infrastructure Act, 2013 (Act 1 of 2013) sets out rules for the administration of roads and other transport infrastructure in the Province. It will replace outdated legislation when in operation.
You are invited to comment on the Draft Western Cape Transport Infrastructure Amendment Bill, 2017 and the Draft Western Cape Transport Infrastructure Regulations, 2017.
The new draft bill will amend the following provisions in the Act:
- advertising visible from roads,
- installation of service infrastructure , and
- certain technical adjustments.
The new draft regulations will give more detail on executing matters enabled through the Act.
Comment on the draft amendment bill or the draft regulations by 31 October 2017.
- Provincial Gazette Extraordinary 7815 dated 30 August 2017 in which the Draft Amendment Bill and Draft Regulations are published.
- Provincial Gazette Extraordinary 7112 dated 1 April 2013 in which Western Cape Transport Infrastructure Act, 2013 (Act 1 of 2013) was published.
- The Act as it will be amended by the Amendment Bill, showing deletions and additions effected (Act 1 of 2013).