Western Cape Disaster Management aims to:
- Prevent or reduce the risk of disasters.
- Mitigate the severity or consequences of disasters.
- Ensure emergency-preparedness.
- Ensure rapid and effective response to disasters.
- Offer post-disaster recovery and rehabilitation.
The legislation and publications listed below outline the functions and responsibilities of Western Cape Disaster Management:
- Disaster Management Act 57 of 2002
- National Disaster Management Framework of 2005
- Western Cape Disaster Management Framework
- RADAR Western Cape 2010: Risk and Development Annual Review
- Weathering the Storm: Disaster Mitigation for Sustainable Livelihoods Programme
- Drought post-event analysis report (Stellenbosch University)
The content on this page was last updated on 6 August 2015