Departmental Budget Speeches 2019
Provincial budget speech for 2019
Western Cape Finance Minister Ivan Meyer delivered the 2019 Provincial Budget Speech on 5 March 2019. In his speech he outlined the provincial government's priority spending plan for the next financial year.
The 2019 Western Cape Budget key focus areas include:
- Youth development.
- Infrastructure-led growth.
- Stimulating the economy.
- Frontline services to citizens.
We will continue to maintain our established financial and budget policy values of the optimal distribution of needs based services, financial sustainability, financial consolidation and financial discipline.
The 2019 Western Cape Budget provides total expenditure amounting to R67 148 billion in 2019/2020.
Departmental budget speeches
Each provincial department is allocated a budget that is used to deliver services in the province, and to help the province reach its Provincial Strategic Goals.
In their budget presentations to provincial parliament, the provincial ministers outline how their budget allocation will be spent in their department.
Find out how the provincial departments plan to spend their 2019 budgets, and how these plans may impact you in the year ahead. You can view each of the provincial budget speeches below, as soon as they become available:
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Transport and Public Works
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Health
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Western Cape Education Department
- Department of Social Development
- Provincial Treasury
- Department of the Premier
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning