Department of Transport and Public Works Skills Programme 2012
Skills training refers to an outcomes-oriented approach to developing one's practical skills in a particular field or trade. The Department of Transport and Public Works Skills Programme 2012 offers a limited number of opportunities in various trades. You are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- Which Trade Opportunities Does the Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works Skills Programme 2012 Offer?
- Which Skills Trade Opportunities are Available in My District?
- What are the Skills Programme 2012 Conditions?
- Who Can Apply for the Skills Programme?
- How Will Successful Applicants be Remunerated?
- How Do I Apply?
- Where Can I Find More Information?
Western Cape Department of Public Works Skills Programme 2012 offers opportunities in the following trades:
- Electrical wiring.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Road works.
- Plant operator.
Note: These trades skills opportunities are area specific.
Successful applicants must sign a Skills Programme Agreement upon acceptance.
To apply for the skills programme you must:
- Reside in the region where you applied.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Have obtained a minimum Grade 10/St 8 certificate.
- Be prepared to undergo an interview, literacy, numeracy and interest tests.
Note: Disabled persons, women, unemployed persons and youth previously in conflict with the law are encouraged to apply.
Successful learners will receive the following stipends:
- Three months - R819.20.
- Six months - R1 363.29.
To apply you must:
- Identify the Skills Programme you wish to apply for.
- Complete the application form.
- State work experience and qualifications.
- Attach certified copies of your ID document and certificates.
All applications must be submitted with the required certified copies. Only posted applications will be accepted. The closing date for completed applications is Friday, 17 February 2012.
All applications must be posted to:
The Project Coordinator
Skills Programme 2012
PO Box 3459
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Saturday, 30 June 2012, it should be accepted that your application was not successful.
Skills Programme 2012 Enquiries
Tel: 021 948 0141