Complaint Forms for the Rental Housing Tribunal
These forms must be used to lodge a complaint to the Rental Housing Tribunal.
You should use the main form and then the relevant annexure for your complaint.
Completing the Complaint Form
- Please complete the complaint form with all relevant details
- Complete the dispute address section
- Respondent details are important and names and contact numbers must be provided
- If an agent is managing the property, the company details and contact numbers must be completed
- Don’t forget to sign your application form!
- Please look at the checklist and tick or circle the relevant complaint/s
- Complete the relevant annexure so that we can understand your complaint
What Happens to My Complaint After This?
- Your complaint form and annexures are handed in via email, post or hand delivery.
- Your complaint is screened to see if there is an Unfair practice in terms of the Regulation 9(1)(e) and Regulation 9(2)(f)
- Your complaint goes via the administrative process and a reference number is allocated to your complaint and thereafter it is referred to a case manager
- A Case Officer will be assigned to your case and will contact you regarding your complaint
The Following Is a Summary Of How a Complaint Is Dealt With:
- The registration of a case may take up to 14 days, all relevant parties will receive a letters via post with a reference number.
- Once a complaint is lodged, a preliminary investigation, as may be necessary, will be conducted to determine whether the complaint relates to a dispute in respect of a matter which may constitute an unfair practice.
- The complaint/investigation may take up to 90 days to be finalized as prescribed in the Rental Housing Act 50/1999.
- It is the responsibility of the complainant to provide us with any information or copies (not the original) of any documents that may help us to investigate a complaint
Contact us on:
Rental Housing Tribunal
27 Wale Street, Cape Town, 8001
P.O Box X9083, Cape Town, 8000
Email: RHT.Disputes@westerncape.gov.za for complaint forms
Email: RHT.Enquiries@westerncape.gov.za for questions or call us on 086 010 6166
- Rental Housing Tribunal (Tribunal)