Chapman's Peak Drive new toll tariffs
The annual increase of the Chapman's Peak Drive will take effect on 1 July 2016.
The following vehicles are exempted from paying toll fees:
- South African Police Service motor vehicles in the performance of duty.
- South African National Defence Force vehicles in the performance of duty.
- Western Cape Government emergency vehicles and Traffic Police vehicles in the performance of duty.
- City of Cape Town emergency services vehicles and Traffic Police vehicles in performance of duty.
- Ambulances used for an ambulance service licensed in terms of the Western Cape Ambulance Services Act, 2012 (Act 3 of 2010) used in the performance of ambulance services.
- Fire-fighting vehicles as defined in section 1 of the National Road Traffic Act, 1996 (Act 93 of 1996) used in the performance of fire-fighting services.
- Rescue vehicles as defined in section 1 of the National Road Traffic Act, 1996 Act 93 of 1996) used in the performance of rescuing services.
- South African National Parks (SANParks) vehicles in the performance of duty.
|Discount Structure for Regular Users||Discount Structure for Regular Users with Wild Cards|
|Class of Vehicle||Description||Tariff||Discounted Tariff||Qualification: Uses per Calendar Month||Tariff||Qualification: Uses per Calendar Month|
Motor Quad Bikes
|R20.00||4 - 6|
|R14.00||7 - 9|
|R10.50||10 - 12|
|R7.00||13 - 15|
|R6.50||16 - 18|
|R6.00||19 - 27|
Light Motor Vehicles, Minibus and Utility Vehicles
|R42.00||R33.00||1 - 3|
|R32.50||4-6||R27.00||4 - 6|
|R8.00||28 plus||R6.00||28 plus|
|Minibus Taxis||R21.00||N/A||Registration as taxi operator||N/A||N/A|
|3||Midi-bus and Small Heavy Motor Vehicle||R169.00||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|4||Bus and Medium Heavy Motor Vehicles||R422.00||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|5||Heavy Motor Vehicle||R422.00||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- All tariffs include 14% VAT
- Discount tariffs are only applicable to users who have pre-registered with the Concessionaire and who maintain a minimum balance of R50.00 in their accounts.
- Wild Card Tariffs are only applicable to persons in possession of valid Wild Cards as distributed by South African National Parks and Cape Nature Conservation and who have pre-registered with the Operator / Concessionaire. Wild card holders who have not pre-registered but who present their cards at the toll plaza will not qualify for the Wild Card Tariff. It is for non-commercial use only.
The following motor vehicles are prohibited from using the road:
Travelling in a direction from north to south (Hout Bay to Noordhoek)
- Heavy motor vehicles
- Articulated vehicles
Travelling in a direction from south to north (Noordhoek to Hout Bay)
- Heavy motor vehicles
- Class 3, Class 4 and Class 5 motor vehicles
- Any motor vehicle exceeding 2,1metres in width
Visit the Chapman's Peak Drive website for more information.