Of the Western Cape Government’s R59 billion budget, 11.8% will be spent in the Cape Winelands district.
Infrastructure led growth leads to job creation. Some of the major infrastructure projects in this area are:
- R258 million on roads maintenance
- R393 million to upgrade the Ashton/Montagu Road
- R59.5 million for a new research facility at Elsenburg Campus
- R128 million to build 7020 residential units in Worcester
- R73 000 on improvements at the Nonzame Educare Centre
- R21 million on a replacement clinic in Prince Alfred Hamlet
- R53 million to build the Waveren Secondary School
Click here to find out more about the R59 billion budget of the Western Cape. Better Budget, Better Future, BETTER TOGETHER.