Of the Western Cape Government’s R59 billion budget, 68.07% will be spent in the Cape Metro.
Infrastructure led growth leads to job creation. Some of the major infrastructure projects in this area are:
- R457 million on roads maintenance
- R350 million to improve the N1 Durban road interchange
- R85 million on the modernisation of the Cape Nature Head Office in Woodstock
- R300 million to build residential units at various housing projects in and around Cape Town
- R74 000 to improve the Barbies Educare Centre
- R153 million to replace the Obervatory Forensic Pathology Laboratory
- R185 million to expand classrooms throughout the metro
Click here to find out more about the R59 billion budget of the Western Cape. Better Budget, Better Future, BETTER TOGETHER.