Call for Proposals for Rendering Youth Café Services
The Western Cape Government's Social Development New Draft Youth Strategy identified Youth Cafés as one of the core initiatives for youth development programmes. A Youth Café is a one-stop hub where young people across the social divide can come together and access services, opportunities and support provided by the public and private sectors.
Proposals are invited from Non-Profit Organisations to partner with the Department in implementing this service in the Cape Metro Area. The proposed service delivery intervention must focus on achieving the following:
- Young people have access to a wide range of services.
- Young people are adequately supported in a safe and conducive environment.
- Young people are exposed to a wide variety of opportunities to choose from.
Information about the Youth Cafes as well as the application form are available below:
- Western Cape Government's Social Development Draft Youth Development Strategy(.pdf - 1.35MB)
- Concept Paper on Youth Cafes(.pdf - 276KB)
- Eligible Criteria (.pdf - 269KB)
- Programme Specifications for Youth Cafés (.pdf - 265KB)
- Application Form - English (.docx - 251KB)
- Application Form - Afrikaans (.docx - 254KB)
Additional queries may be directed to the following Youth Programme officials:
Mr J Albanie
Tel: 021 483 8997
Mr M Sitinga
Tel: 021 483 2535
Ms B Joynerwood
Tel: 021 483 9260
Applications must be received no later than 25 September 2013 at 16:00. All proposals must be accompanied by business plans. Business plans may be posted for Attention:
Ms M. Hindley
Western Cape Social Development
Private Bag X9112
Alternatively these must be placed in marked boxes in the foyer of the Department's Head Office, located at 14 Queen Victoria Street, Union House, Cape Town.