Call for Proposals - Business Chamber Support Programme
Round Two Call for Proposal
Business chambers and associations fulfil a key role in the business support eco-system and are key to economic development by building the capacity of SMMEs through the provision of support services to businesses, which include lobbying and advocacy, networking events, skills development and training and business linkages. The role of chambers has been critical in representing the views of their members during COVID-19 and engaging with government and other stakeholders.
In response to the above the Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDAT) established a COVID-19 Relief Programme for Business Chambers. The Programme will support selected chambers operating in both the formal and informal sectors and whose members operate across economic sectors.
The second call for proposals reaffirms the Western Cape Government’s commitment to address the economic impact of COVID-19.
The objective of the Programme is to contribute to the sustainability of business chambers and associations, by providing relief in the form of a financial grant, and enable them to fulfil their functions (support to their members through the provision of business support, advocacy, networking and access to opportunities).
Online Application Form
The application process requires you to:
(1) complete an online application form; and
(2) submit supporting documentation below via email to DEDAT.firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting documents as listed below.
- Cover letter
- Valid tax clearance certificate / tax compliance status letter
- Audited annual financial statements
- Registration documents
- Management accounts for the period Jan – Jun 2020
- Project implementation plan
- Project cash flow
- Project budget
- Proof of business operations in western cape (i.e. Lease agreement or similar)
- List of Western Cape based members - i.e. Business name & location
Below you will find link to the application form. Incomplete applications cannot be saved, it is therefore recommended that the application form is completed in one sitting.
Link to application form: https://forms.gle/aJR1xfLF9EGNDeYk7
Business chambers and associations who adhere to all the following criteria will be eligible for assistance:
- Operate in the Western Cape;
- Operating during the lockdown;
- Is a registered legal entity (proof to be provided);
- Has a proven Western Cape membership base (proof to be provided);
- Is in good financial standing with the South African Revenue Services (latest tax clearance); and
- Have audited annual financial statements for the past two (2) years.
The following activities will qualify for support:
- Organisational overheads where the business chamber operates from a fixed and dedicated premise;
- Information and awareness programmes undertaken by the business chambers to assist members to improve their businesses health and safety environments;
- Capacity-building programmes (e.g. business training and seminars) undertaken by the business chambers to assist members to survive and or recover from the effects of the lockdown; and
- Salaries and wages of full-time employees where UIF could not be accessed (evidence must be provided).
The department will follow a formal adjudication process. The department reserves the right to request any additional document(s) that it deems relevant for the evaluation of a request for funding.
- Only completed application (with all supporting documents) will be assessed.
- The closing date for submissions is 25 September 2020. It is advisable to submit your application as early as possible as no late applications will be considered.
- The Department reserves the right to determine the final grant amount.
Should you have a query that is not addressed in this call-for-proposals, you are welcome to email the Department regarding your question, to:
Rafiqua Mosaval at Rafiqua.Mosaval@westerncape.gov.za at 065 943 6267.