Call for Nominations for Members to the Board of the Western Cape Liquor Authority
Call for nominations for seven members of the board of the Western Cape Liquor Authority (WCLA)
In terms of the Western Cape Liquor Act, 2008 (Act 4 of 2008 ‘‘the Act’’) (subsections 3(1)(a), (b) and (2) seven vacancies for the Board governing the Western Cape Liquor Authority will occur in March 2015. The Western Cape Minister of Economic Opportunities, Mr Alan Winde herewith calls for interested parties to submit nominations for members of the Board by no later than 12h00 on Friday, 12 December 2014.
Nominees must be fit and proper persons and should satisfy the following criteria:
1. Six members who have appropriate knowledge of or experience in systems and processes for ensuring proper accountability, probity and openness in the conduct of the business of an organisation;
2. One member of the Board must have appropriate knowledge of or experience in dealing with the combating of the negative social consequences of the abuse of liquor;
3. Be a South African citizen and a permanent resident in the Western Cape;
4. Be at least 25 years of age; and
5. Not be disqualified in terms of Section 5 of the Act (the Act is available here.
Appointments will be made with race and gender sensitivity. Knowledge of applicable legislation and the possession of a valid driver’s licence (Code B) will serve as a recommendation. Successful candidates will have to submit to a vetting process. The successful nominee will be expected to serve on the Board for a period of three (3) years, commencing March 2015, on a part-time basis.
Responsibilities will include, inter alia, attendance at and participation in Board meetings, and other duties and functions as provided for in the Act and/or other appropriate legislation.
Nomination forms are available from Zubeida Ben-Davids at Zubeida.Ben-Davids@westerncape.gov.za
Applications must be marked for the attention of Ms Labeeqah Schuurman and be sent to the Chief Director: Tourism, Arts and Entertainment (WCLA Board Nomination) by one of the following means:
1. By post: PO Box 979, Cape Town 8000;
2. Hand delivery: 10th Floor, Waldorf Building, 80 St George’s Mall, Cape Town 8000;
3. Fax: 021 483-8776; or
4. E-mail: Zubeida.Ben-Davids@westerncape.gov.za (with subject box clearly marked: WCLA BOARD NOMINATION)
All nominations will be treated as strictly confidential. Incomplete nominations, late submissions or nominations not accompanied by a signed and commissioned nomination form will not be considered.
Tel: 021 483 9279