The 2015 State of the Province Address
Follow the action and get involved in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter by using #WCSOPA.
What is the State of the Province Address (SoPA)?
- The State of the Province Address is a speech made by the Premier or provincial head.
- The event usually marks the official opening of the Provincial Parliament.
- The speech is delivered in front of members of the provincial executive, including the Speaker, Deputy Speaker and the Secretary.
Who can attend?
- Only invited guests and members of the provincial parliament can attend the event.
Read more of Premier Zille's previous State of the Province Addresses:
- State of the Province Address 2014
- State of the Province Address 2013
- State of the Province Address 2012
- State of the Province Address 2011
- State of the Province Address 2010
- State of the Province Address 2009
The Western Cape Government is committed to providing all citizens the opportunity to improve their quality of life and the chance to realise their potential. Here's what we pledge to our citizens to make the Western Cape Better Together:
"As Government, we believe in a society in which every person is free, secure and equal.
Where everyone has access to services, the opportunity to improve their quality of life and the chance to realise their potential.
To make this a reality, we need to transcend the past, remove the divisions that prevent us from moving forward, break down the barriers that hold us back and build the foundations that make progress possible for all.
But as government, we cannot do this alone. We need each and every citizen to work with us, to take advantage of the opportunities available, because with everyone’s eyes we can see all sides of the problem. With everyone’s hands, we can make lighter the load and together we can stand up, be counted and take the steps toward real change.
Together, we are safer. Together, we are stronger. Together, we are healthier, more secure, more accountable for our actions.
As a province.
We are Better Together."
An Open Opportunity Society for All
The Western Cape Provincial Strategic Plan (PSP) sets out how we aim to help create an enabling environment for higher economic growth, increased jobs, improved education and health outcomes, and build better living environments for our citizens so that we can realise our vision of an open opportunity society for all.
The 5 Provincial Strategic Goals (PSGs) contained in the PSP are:
- Create opportunities for growth and jobs
We are committed to creating an enabling environment to attract investment, grow the economy and create jobs by supporting high growth economic sectors.
- Improve education outcomes and opportunities for youth development
We’re committed to expanding quality education across the province and providing opportunities for youth to realise their full potential.
- Increase wellness and safety, and tackle social ills
We’re committed to addressing health, safety and social ills by supporting healthy communities, a healthy workforce, and healthy families, youth and children.
- Enable a resilient, sustainable, quality and inclusive living environment
We’re committed to improving urban and rural areas through enhanced management of land, an enhanced climate change plan, and better living conditions for all.
- Embed good governance and integrated service delivery through partnerships and spatial alignment
We’re committed to delivering good governance and an inclusive society that increases access to information, in partnership with active citizens, business and institutions.
Spokesperson for Premier Helen Zille
Tel: 021 483 4584
Cell: 071 564 5427