Minister Marais to present approximately R13 million to sport federations
Following the first of the six ceremonial cheque handovers in Malmesbury on Tuesday, Minister Anroux Marais will present a total of approximately R13 000 000 in support of 153 affiliated sport federations across the province.
As we now contain, adapt and recover in the sector, Minister Marais will present the following funds to the six district sport councils and affiliated sport federations to assist with administration, development, capacity building support and adhoc funding as well as major events to enable them to fulfil their significant mandate of developing and promoting their respective codes and clubs in the Western Cape:
- West Coast received R510 000 on Tuesday, 19 April 2022 at the Malmesbury Town Hall
The following Districts Sport Federations to receive their allocation letters as follows:
- Overberg on Thursday, 21 April 2022 at 18h00 at the Houwhoek Hotel.
- Cape Winelands on Monday, 25 April 2022 at 18h00 at the Bella Vista Community Centre, Ceres.
- Cape Metro on Tuesday 3 May 2022 at 18h00 at the Cape Town Lodge.
- Eden on Monday, 16 May 2022 at 18h00 in Mossel Bay.
- Central Karoo on Monday, 23 May 2022 at 18h00 in Prince Albert.
All media are invited to attend all of the cheque handovers
To adhere to current COVID-19 protocols by regulating the number of attendees, please confirm attendance. There will be opportunities for media interviews and photographs.
Spokesperson for the Minister of Cultural Affairs and Sport, Anroux Marais
083 504 1171