Media Alert: Minister Marais To Present Funding To Federations Across Province
MEDIA ALERT: MINISTER MARAIS TO PRESENT FUNDING TO FEDERATIONS ACROSS THE PROVINCE
Tomorrow, 17 April 2018, will be the first of 6 ceremonial cheque handovers in which Minister Anroux Marais will present a total of R5. 2 million in support of 131 sport federations across the province.
Minister Marais will be presenting the following funds to the 6 sport councils and district municipalities to enable the various federations to fulfil their mandate of developing and promoting their respective codes and clubs in the Western Cape:
- Eden to receive R1 390 000 on Tuesday, 17 April 2018 at 17h00 at the Riversdale Civic Centre, Dixon Street, Riversdale.
- Overberg to receive R280 000 on Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 17h00 at the Trail End Bikers Hotel, Grabouw
- Cape Winelands to receive R1 170 000 on Thursday, 19 April 2018 at 19h30 at the Wellington Town Hall, 100 Pentz Street, Wellington.
- Central Karoo to receive R90 000 on Monday, 23 April 2018
- West Coast to receive R 530 000 on Tuesday, 24 April 2018 and
- Cape Metro to receive R1 740 000 on Wednesday, 25 April 2018
ALL MEDIA ARE INVITED TO ATTEND ALL CHEQUE HANDOVERS
There will be opportunities for photographs and interviews.
Spokesperson for Minister Anroux Marais
Tel: 021 483 4426
Cell: 083 504 117