Bursaries for Heritage related studies
The Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) invites applications for bursaries for students who wish to pursue studies in heritage courses. The bursary will finance both undergraduates and post graduates in the following fields:
Fields of study
- Archives and records management.
- Conservation of the built environment.
- Restorative and preventive conservation.
- Collections (cultural & natural) management.
- Heritage resources management.
- Museum management and curatorship.
- Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of S.A. Living Heritage.
- South African citizenship.
- Academic potential / satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution).
- Field of study (heritage related).
- Financially needy.
- Admission letter or proof of registration at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- NB: people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Value of the bursary
- Study fees (incl. registration & tuition)
- Accommodation & meals
- The bursary is renewable if the student meets the requirements for the following year
- NB: Funds are payable directly to the institution of higher learning
The following documents must accompany the application:
- Certified copy of birth certificate or ID.
- Certified copy of the salary statement and/or proof of income and affidavit of your parents/guardians(if not working).
- Certified copy of Grade 12 June examination results / Grade 12 / Matric results.
- If already at university – latest results / academic record.
- Proof of admission or provisional admission at an institution of higher learning.
Application forms can be obtained from the offices of the Department of Arts and Culture at:
481 Kingsley Centre,
Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Streets,
Click here to download application forms
Completed application forms together with certified copies of necessary documents should be sent to the:
Department of Arts and Culture
Private Bag X897
Applications can also be hand delivered to:
481 Kingsley Centre 5th Floor
Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Street
Acting Head of Communication Service
Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
Tel: 021 483 9877