Join International Museum Day Celebrations
The Western Cape Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS) will celebrate International Museum Day on Sunday, 18 May 2014. The 2014 theme is Museum Collections Make Connections.
Numerous events have been planned at our museums across the province during the month of May. Some of the highlights are:
- Developing your knowledge of medicinal plants with local learners at the Montagu Museum
- Enjoying a discussion on the award-winning exhibition at the Great Brak Museum
- Listening to senior adults from different communities sharing their childhood experiences of growing up in their community at the Old Harbour Museum
- Experiencing a traditional potjiekos competition at the Worcester Museum
- Appreciating pre-primary learners participating in an art competition at the Shipwreck Museum
More details on the highlights and other DCAS International Museum Day related events are available on www.westerncape.gov.za/cas.
Our museums give us a better understanding of our past so that we can embrace and respect others. They also encourage the next generation to commemorate the past, celebrate the present and build strong foundations for the future.
Annerie Pruis-Le Roux
Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
Tel: 021 483 9730