Media Alert: Premier Zille to Hold Annual Service Excellence Awards
Tomorrow, 8 September 2016, Premier Helen Zille will host the annual Provincial Service Excellence Awards.
The ceremony is an opportunity for the Premier and broader public to acknowledge outstanding performances from public service professionals in the Western Cape Government.
Last year, the winners – individuals and teams – in various categories included:
- Best Public Service Leader (Senior Manager): Jacqueline Samson Swartz
- Best Batho Pele team: The Cape Access Team
- Best Implemented Programme or Project; Experiential Learning (Job shadow) Project: Western Cape Education Department
- Best Overall Batho Pele Public Servant: Judiac Ranape and Michael Collison
- Best Frontline Service Employee: Wilfred Solomon Arendse
- Best Provincial Ethics Department: Department of the Premier (Received by Director-General Brent Gerber. It was adjudicated by Public Service Commissioner Professor Gavin Woods.)
Premier Zille will also give the keynote address, before announcing the relevant winners.
Prize winners from the provincial ceremony will be nominated for the National Batho Pele Awards, held by the national Department of Public Service and Administration. In 2015, the Western Cape swept the boards at the national ceremony, scooping up gold medals for the Best Provincial Department, and best Provincial Head of Department, amongst awards in all other categories.
Media are invited to attend.
For seating purposes, please RSVP your attendance before close of business today. All details are below.
Date: Thursday, 8 September 2016
Venue: FNB Portside Building, 5 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town – 28th Floor