Cape Town fires
Firefighters continue to battle the wildfire on Table Mountain.
The Western Cape Disaster Management Centre is helping to coordinate the effort and has the following suggestions to members of the public who may be affected by the ongoing wildfire:
Residents in the vicinity of the fire are advised to take some precautionary steps including:
- Remain Hydrated.
- Keep windows and doors closed until further notice as protection against smoke and heat.
- Keep pets indoors where possible.
- If the situation gets worse or if there is any need to evacuate people from a specific area, the affected residents will be alerted timeously by the City of Cape Town.
In addition the SPCA is on hand to assist displaced animals.
The disaster management centre wants to thank all the firefighters, other emergency responders, the volunteer wildfire service, the Working on Fire and every volunteer or member of the public who is assisting in tackling this fire. We appreciate your help. Please be safe and in the event of an emergency please contact:
- City of Cape Town Emergency Services Landline: 021 480 7700 Cellphone:107
- Provincial Emergency Number – 112
This message is brought to you by the Department of Local Government in the Western Cape.
Spokesperson for the Minister of Local Government, Environmental Affairs and Development Planning, Anton Bredell
Mobile: 084 583 1670
Telephone: 021 483 2820