Launch of Gene Louw Traffic College Website
Speech by Head of Department of Transport and Public Works, Jacqui Gooch
I am certain that you all present are a testament to the outstanding achievements that the Gene Louw Traffic College has attained since its opening in 1989.
The institution has grown tremendously not only with the diverse training interventions that are being conducted and the excellent facilities that the institution houses but it has remained abreast of technology in order to ensure a high service delivery to their clientele over the years.
The initial discussion for the designing of a website for the college commenced in 2012 when the benefits were explored in terms of improving training and services offered.
The following were identified as potential advantages for a web presence;
- Marketing expansion for the institution and also the developing of a brand for the college thus improving credibility.
- A platform for up to date information on the services that the college offers together with convenience of having information at hand.
- Enhanced communication by means of interactive feedback compared to traditional methods.
- No restriction on accessing of information, website availability 24/7.
- A means of diversifying public interest and not just specific target groups.
- A cost effective method of advertising.
- A platform for posting changes to legislation.
- A site showcasing recent, current events and future developments in terms of training interventions and the traffic environment.
Today is indeed a proud moment for this training institution besides reaching its 25th Anniversary; the college has attained a web presence via the Western Cape Government website.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am honoured to officially launch the Gene Louw Traffic College website which is I can assure is now live to the public.