Minister Winde to Provide Progress Report on Enterprise Development Fund
On Tuesday, 1 October 2013, Alan Winde, Minister of Finance, Economic Development and Tourism, will provide a progress report on the Enterprise Development Fund in the Western Cape.
The multi-million rand fund has supported entrepreneurs across key growth sectors.
Aimed at small to medium, black-owned businesses, the fund is a partnership between the Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism and the National Empowerment Fund.
Minister Winde will outline how the fund has assisted the entrepreneurs to expand their operations. This has enabled them to create jobs.
The briefing takes place at the premises of one of the beneficiaries, the information technology business, Silulo Ulutho Technologies.
Businesses in the security industry and software development sector are also set to attend.
- Take the N2 towards Somerset West
- Take the exit M44 (Mew Way) off-ramp
- At the stop street turn right into Mew Way (Khayelitsha Sports centre on the left)
- Drive past the traffic intersection, followed by two stop streets
- At the third stop street turn left into Spine Road (M32)
- At the first four-way stop street in Spine Road turn left into Makhabeni Road.
- Drive approximately 800m and you will see the academy on your right