Media release: Alert to parents – Do not delay
On Monday, 14 March 2022, the 2023 school admission process begins!
The Western Cape Education Department is appealing to all parents and caregivers, particularly those who have learners entering Grade 1 and 8 next year, to please start preparing the necessary documentation required so that they are ready to apply.
The application process will be open from 14 March 2022 to midnight of 15 April 2022.
To prepare themselves, parents and caregivers can now start collecting the necessary documents to support their application. The following documents will be required:
- The last official school Report Card
- ID, Birth certificate, passport of the learner; or
- A study permit (foreign learners); OR
- Proof of application (study permit) or a police affidavit
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) [Primary Schools Only]
- Proof of Residence (Rates account, Lease agreement, an affidavit confirming residence).
Every year, thousands of parents fail to enrol their children during the enrolment period. The WCED received over 70 000 late applications for the 2022 school year. Failure to do apply on time will affect our planning and could also affect their application to their schools of choice.
We need to work together to ensure that as many learners are enrolled before 15 April 2022.
Getting the necessary documentation in place in advance will make the whole process a lot easier. It takes roughly 15 minutes to apply and load the documents. The WCED admissions website is a FREE service, that is zero-rated.
Do not delay. Prepare your enrolment documents today!