YOUTH DAY - The WC Social Development Department hosts Youth Café Expo
In line with the National theme for Youth Month: “Promoting Sustainable Livelihoods and resilience of young people for a better tomorrow, ” on Thursday, 16 June 2022, the Western Cape Department of Social Development (DSD), will be hosting a Youth Cafe Expo for youth at risk to:
- Showcase the work of the funded organisations;
- Showcase entrepreneurial and other opportunities to youth;
- Motivate youth who are currently in the social welfare system;
- Show case alternatives to mainstream work opportunities and;
- Promote the work done by the provincial Department of Social Development’s (DSDs) youth programme.
It is estimated that Youth aged 15-24 years recorded the highest unemployment rate in the country with an astounding 66.5%. Around 3.4 million out of 10.2 million young people aged 15-24 years were not in employment, education or training (NEET). In the Western Cape, several initiatives and programmes are being implemented to provide young people with opportunities to access skills and personal development.
ALL MEDIA ARE INVITED TO ATTEND
Time: 10h00 – 12h00
Date: Thursday, 16 June 2022
Venue: Amandla/ Nyanga Junction Youth Café, Cape Town, 7405.
To adhere to the compulsory COVID-19 protocols currently in place, a limited number of visitors are allowed in the facility at a time, therefore please confirm attendance beforehand.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be opportunities for media interviews and photographs. Social distancing and mask wearing will be strictly enforced.