Media Alert: Minister Winde to Host First-ever Red Tape Reduction Conference
On Monday and Tuesday (29 and 30 September), Western Cape Minister of Economic Opportunities, Alan Winde, will host a Red Tape Reduction Conference under the theme: “Ease of Doing Business”.
The conference, which will be addressed by leading local and international experts, is set to raise awareness amongst stakeholders of the cost of red tape to our economy, and to gather insight from various role-players around creating a business-friendly region.
The speakers include:
- Ms Natalie Bodek, Policy Manager for the United Kingdom Department of Business, Skills and Innovation’s "Red Tape Challenge"
- Mr Mukhtar Joonas, Honorary Consul of Mauritius in the Western Cape
- Mr Nikolai Malyshev, Head of OECD Regulatory Policy Division
- Mr Joggie Scholtz, Municipal Manager of the Swartland Municipality
- Professor Norman Faull, Emeritus Professor of Business Administration
- Dr Peter Bex, co-founder of SIRA Consulting
- Mr Chris Darroll, Founder of Small Business Project
Minister Winde will open the conference at 09:15 on Monday, 29 September 2014.
Details (please see attached booklet for full programme and details of speakers):
Date: 29 – 30 September 2014
Venue: Lagoon Beach Hotel, Lagoon Gate Drive, Milnerton
All media are welcome to attend.