Minister Botha Introduces the Cape Winelands District Health Council
Western Cape Health Minister Theuns Botha introduced the Cape Winelands District Health Council today at their inaugural meeting at Brewelskloof Hospital, Worcester.
The members are:
- Mr John Torr, Cape Winelands District Councillor who will also chair the council.
- Ms Eva Turner, Langeberg Municipality Councillor.
- Dr Noel Adams, Drakenstein Municipality Councillor.
- Ms Johanna Serdyn, Stellenbosch Municipality Councillor.
- Ms Wouda Hanekom, Witzenberg Municipality Councillor.
- Mr John Levendal, Breede Valley Municipality Councillor.
- Dr Lizette Phillips, Department of Health Cape Winelands Manager.
- Ms Belinda Ameterra, Community Worker.
- Mr Karel Dampies for farm worker issues.
- Dr Frans Krige, head of the Worcester Rural Training College.
Minister Botha invited and encouraged the people of the Cape Winelands to make use of this structure to communicate their health needs: "Approach these members to address your health service needs. In this way, we will be able to improve health services together."