Easter Weekend Roadblocks in Beaufort West and Laingsburg
- Department of Transport and Public Works.
- Department of Community Safety.
- South African Police Services.
- Local Traffic.
- Emergency Medical Services of the Western Cape Department of Health (29 March and 1 April 2013).
The officials who took part in the exercise focused on:
- Failure to produce Professional Driving Permits.
- Invalid and fraudulent licences.
- Safety belt offences.
- Public transport vehicle/driver violation.
- Vehicle related incidents such as illegal number plates and defective vehicles.
Number of Vehicles stopped
Tests performed: Eye test, Blood Sugar Level, Blood Pressure, Alcohol screening
21 March 2013
24 March 2013
29 March 2013
1 April 2013
No arrests were made over the four days.